Originally Posted by chlinstructor
Originally Posted by Blackheart
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
Originally Posted by Blackheart
Originally Posted by JGRaider
Comparing destruction that deer do to what hogs do is, well, pretty dang stupid, or ignorant at best. Hogs are nothing more than vermin to me, and we will shoot probably 150 or so a year off of one of my buddy's places. I don't intentionally gut shoot them, but I don't have any sympathy for them either. Vermin, that's all they are.
That's not the point you dumbo eared dumb fuuck but you are ignorant at best. These deer are pests too and have cost me plenty in ruined/killed trees and fencing to protect my apple orchard. They are just pests the same as the woodchucks that eat my garden but no animal deserves to be gut shot and made to suffer intentionally.

The Difference is that hogs were introduced by man and are an invasive species. The deer are not.
That doesn't make a bit of difference to my pocket book or the fact that intentionally inflicting a painful, lingering death on an animal is despicable. You've got a lot of invasive species running around down there in Texas. Do you contone intentionally gut shooting them all ?

I didn’t mention anything about gut shooting, or condone it either. Neither did JGRaider. I was merely comparing species. As did you.
You sound like those Yankees that build a house in the TX Hill Country and bitch because the deer eat all the flowers in their yard.
You plant a fruit tree or garden in the middle of a deer’s natural habitat, they’re going to find it and eat it. If you don’t like it, build a deer proof fence, or move to town.
I did build a deer proof fence and it cost me plenty. I never bitched about the deer or woodchucks. Have lived among them in the country all my life. That doesn't mean they aren't pests or that I would gut shoot to get rid of them. In fact I like having them around, despite the fact that it's cost me plenty to keep them from destroying my fruit trees. Oh and my dad lives in town and has plenty of deer and woodchucks in his yard too.