Originally Posted by killerv
I'd argue with this comment. Better be up close and personal and in the head. Not exactly where I want to be with a 500lb pig. Heck, I popped one in the ear with a 270 at 20yards, that was the maddest I've ever seen a boar hog. Still needed a follow up shot.

"A turkey gun with a turkey load will stop a 500 pound pig easily."

We've killed a handful with turkey loads in the 100-150lb range while chasing turkeys, we have found that if you pop one in the rib cage at 20yards or so, it will knock the air out of them and you can walk right up and finish them off. Easily on a 500lber, I doubt it.

I'll say it again. Easily. Up close it will kill. Of course some folks don't want to be close to pigs. I get it. I live with bears/moose etc... have been around pigs since little. A pig doesn't bother me any more than a bear would. No big deal really.

if a 270 in the head failed, then it was shot placement was way off, and or bullet choice sucked.

Whiled I've not shot a wild 500 pounder with a 22 I've shot quite a few between 250 and 275 ish and many less, with a sub sonic 22 in the brain. They flop.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....