Originally Posted by JGRaider
Originally Posted by Hastings
Originally Posted by TheKid
Why’s everybody always wanting to drag hogs off? I leave the sumbitches laying around all over the countryside. Just split the hide down their back and fold it open a little ways and the coyotes and other pigs will have them slicked down in no time.
There is a problem with that. Dead hogs attract the black vulture. If you own cattle you will find that black vultures prefer fresh meat to stinking meat. If they are hanging around eating a decaying hog and a cow pushes out a fresh calf dozens of vultures will surround her and kill the baby. I drag hogs to the back corner and usually the alligators are waiting if the weather is even slightly warm. We have gators that can pull a 200 pounder into the water and so far the gators haven't taken to attacking cattle.

Around here, carcasses are cleaned to the bone in short order, so it's a non issue. Coyotes and hogs are much more of a threat to land, calves, etc than any vulture.

Another plus is my state says we can shoot black buzzards now too. I can’t wait to see what a 25gr Vmax at 4100 will do to one.