Shooting to wound is wrong. Kill them and drag them off. But if you can show that your neighbor is bringing in hogs why not take legal action with a restraining order and a suit for damages if you ask him to stop and he won't. Importing hogs is not uncommon by folks that have hog dogs. Especially those that guide paying hunters. It is I believe illegal in Mississippi as it is in Louisiana.. Before you take legal action you might give him the opportunity to agree to stop transporting hogs in and agree to work with you jointly on killing out the trap wise older hogs. Traps and snares work but you have to stay after it. If you happen to shoot a sow that has some shoats with her the shoats will easily go into a trap. By all means if you have a choice shoot the productive females.

We had a neighbor for a while that was transporting hogs in. That's where we got our Russian hybrid hogs that now dominate. One day while I was still a game warden I visited him with a photograph of 17 hogs I trapped, shot dead and stacked in a truck. I told him he either needed to quit moving live hogs around or be ready for trouble. He sold out and moved but we still have remnants of his hogs that we hold down the population by relentless shooting snaring and trapping.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."