Ok fellas , love them or hate them i am being over run with hogs , after investigating a bit i have found out that the folks affiliated with the joining property are intentionally trapping and catching hogs from other areas and releasing them on there property which is a few hundred acres and ultimately they end on our property as well as there hog dogs. I am ok with hogs existing in numbers that hunters can keep at bay or relatively so.
Here is where i am at , previously trapped hogs' are almost impossible to trap, so i am at the point where shooting hogs at night about my only option. I am not interested in dragging and loading hogs .
Here is my Question, will shooting a hog in the ribs with a 22lr eventually kill when fired from 50yds or less. im not talking about pure gut shots or maybe i am. And i am talking about the single animals , a 42pellet load of #4 buck would be my medicine for a moonlight feeding frenzy on that corn pile . If buy some chance i drop some they will be put on display in a unique way !