Originally Posted by mart
Gunner,

You are so right. Essentially we have a magazine fed 450-400 Nitro Express. Same ballistics with the same bullets. I don’t know that I’ve ever hear a disparaging word about the 450-400. It made its bones and then some.

You bet Mart, i'll also hazard a guess we're at the old Kynoch factory loads for the 404 Jeffrey, iirc they were 400gr at 2150 fps, as we all know, 40 cal and 400 grains from 2050 to 2400 fps [416 Rigby] has been getting it all done in Africa for well over 100 years, in fact, one of my PH's said 40 cal and 400 grains is one of the top penetrators in all of Africa, man i like that.

MedRiver, i hope to read about your buffalo hunt and see pics, that'll be a blast, let me get you some casehead and rim measurements of the Qual-Cart cylindrical brass to make sure the Baco reformed stuff is correct in size, i want full chamber support [snug casehead] running the pressures i run in my rifle.

Sir Ron, you bet, and Thank You Sir, i'll start taking pics, measurements and chrono shortly! cool will have to wait till tomorrow to do some shooting.

And ten four on the load data, i'll grab my load book ; ]

Last edited by gunner500; 01/23/22.

Trump Won!