Cut up the lil’ fella today. No major bones were hit…just ribs. Very little mass to initiate expansion and the 360 NF still opened up very well and took him strait down. He did get to his feet and struggled for a few yards but it was all over in seconds.

At 125 yards or so impact velocity would be about 1950 fps and over 3k ft lbs of energy. Actually really happy to see this kind of expansion with very little resistance.

Entrance
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Inside entrance

Exit side interior
[Linked Image from i.https]

I did find some trauma away from the exit in the offside ribs. No idea if it was part of the jacket or maybe rib from the impact side?

The bigger buck was taken at 185 which would be just over 1830 fps. I didn’t hang that one as my dad had never seen the gutless method in person so I took it home to show him and process the quarters without taking pics. That was a face on shot with a slight quartering angle and the bullet exited behind the offside shoulder. That bullet also opened very well.

I am thinking if these bullets are opening this well with minimal resistance at 1950 and decent resistance at 1830 they have a very good chance of opening well on much larger game somewhere below the magic 1800 fps mark.