Originally Posted by JMJ888
Anybody have a couple of dummies they want to "rent out"...I need to send them to the smith to check feeding after chambering. I will pay shipping both ways plus a rental fee. Using Petrov/G&H reamer.

Do you have any bullets lined up yet? I would be happy to send some fired brass if you have dies and bullets. Otherwise, all I have on hand other than cast are 360 NF. Be happy to send some dummies of those if you want, just let me know your max OAL. You can PM your address and any details on the dummies if you want.

Same goes for anyone else working on a build. I will gladly send some fired cases or dummy rounds set up to your preferred OAL. A few dummy rounds early on would have saved me a lot of grief.

Still not happy with the feeding on mine to the point where I am seriously considering re-barreling this action to something else (probably 9.3x62 if they feed well) and (re)building my .400 on a different action. I have a Pre-64 model 70 action that will be here tomorrow. If it feeds well from the go it may be a simple barrel swap, refinish the steel to match and then find an appropriate stock. I have a couple of 'smiths that are willing to look at it prior to doing something drastic, but the possibility of spending hundreds of dollars and not improving anything is real. Still waiting on my Hawk bullets to see if they make a difference but I think the feeding issue is mainly in the case design. I tried some of my .30 Gibbs cases (basically an improved-improved .30-06) and they didn't feed well. Standard .35 Whelen feeds great with 250 spitzers so anything '06 based from .35 down that is not improved would be a candidate for the rebarrel if the 9.3 won't feed.