Originally Posted by pullit
I did change all my guns over to shoot musket caps. They were way better than the #11 caps

That's something I'm contemplating with my Pedersoli. I've had several misfires using #11 caps. I attribute that to a little moisture getting into the drum when I swab the barrel with a liquid bore cleaner before pouring the powder. I run dry patches, but I think a little wetness stayed in the drum and got the powder that was in contact with it a bit wet and a #11 isn't enough to punch through that. I had to take the drum screw out, or the nipple off, and put a pinch of powder in the drum, then a #11 will set that off and that pinch of powder will get through to the dry powder and set off the charge. If I dry the bore thoroughly and fire off a cap or two before loading, it doesn't happen.

The Pedersoli is finicky. Until I got the .500 bullets, at least a spit patch or two was necessary to load the second bullet. The bore is hella tight. I'm hoping the .500s keep me from having to run a wetted patch down the bore before loading a second time. My Traditions Hawken never had this issue. It fired everything. The Pedersoli, everything has to be just right. I think switching to a musket cap would be a good just-in-case measure.