Originally Posted by Yoder409
Originally Posted by LFC
I killed a gobbler that weighed 26.5 lbs with 7 beards years ago and I never thought of quiting.....

You ever thought about quiting Yoder ?

Not once. Not ever. Not for a second.
I just never did understand what it is about turkeys and turkey hunting that grabs some people like that. They just never grabbed me that way and maybe I wish they did. I got into the spring thing back in the 90's for a few years. Had some good success, called in and killed a few gobblers. Called in a couple for my nephew and my ex wife, then it just kinda petered out for me and I lost interest. It's usually too damned hot for me to want to put on my camo and trudge around the woods and I hate the goddam bugs and bug spray. If our season opened in April when it's cooler and before the black flies are out I'd be more inclined to get out there but it doesn't start till May. I've gone a few times sporadically over the last 20 years and that's it. Mostly only when, if and because I hear them gobbling out behind the house while sitting on the porch drinking my coffee in the morning when the season is open. I've gone quite a few seasons now without going out at all in the spring, though I do still hunt them in the fall most years.