It doesn't always do it. If the nipples are the same heights after installation, it will be fine. I believe the Pedersoli beryllium #11 nipples and musket nipples for this rifle are the same length. Even if its off a little, it will be fine unless there is blowback or it's noticably not hiting squarely. I'm using 80-90 grains and haven't had any blowback at all. Sometimes on a heavy charge, the hammer can get blown back to half cock, but I'm not using anything that heavy. The rifle is rated to 120 grains.

If its off enough that I have to adjust it, the drum is adjustable on this gun. I can turn the drum a little either way to line the nipple up.

I've already checked the hammer well and it is got plenty of room to accomodate a musket cap. In fact, I've placed a musket cap on the #11 nipple and fired it off. The musket cap drops right out of the hammer well. I usually have to pick the spent #11 out since it splits and fills the cup. Of course, there was a enough blow-past on a #11 nipple that a musket cap wouldn't split. The do split on my other musket cap rifle. They're pretty hot caps.

Last edited by 10Glocks; 09/21/22.