Originally Posted by Yoder409
Originally Posted by Blackheart
I admit I don't usually take pictures of does. I have taken a few if they were something special or unusual to me though. I killed a piebald doe last season that I took pics of. Got a couple really huge old does that I felt warranted a pic. One of them dressed out at 165 lbs.. Also took a pic of the first one I ever killed with a bow and the first with crossbow. I probably should have taken more but mostly does all look the same so I haven't bothered.

I get it. I'm a picture taker. Some aren't.

I take more pictures in spring turkey season than you could imagine. Mostly scenery, wildflowers, sunrises, etc. Dead turkeys sometimes, too.

But, truthfully...... I get more excitement from shooting a baldy on a -10 or -20 degree morning with a flintlock than I'd get shooting a nice buck with a centerfire. I think I can remember the last deer I shot with a centerfire. It was about 12 years ago. It was more like an assassination to me than it was anything else. My deer hunting is almost exclusively with a bow or a flint gun.
Yeah, I'm just not a big picture taker. I try to remember to take pics at family get togethers, Christmas, Thanksgiving etc. but have too often forgotten. I've even forgotten to take pics of a few bucks I killed over the years. It has always been most important to me to fill my freezers during hunting season. I raised six kids primarily on game meat and money was always tight enough and time short enough that there was no room for fuggin around when it came to killing deer. Whack 'em and stack 'em baby.