No need to move then. Sounds like you're in paradise.

Yeah, here public land in the east is plentiful, but spead out. I usually hunt a state forest that totals about 10,000 acres, or a WMA that is 5,000. There are several state forests and lots of WMAs. A couple of state forests are 17,000 and nearly 20,000 acres. In the western part of the state, there are literally millions of acreas of national forests. All of it is open to hunting. And there is a lot of state parks that are open to hunting, and a lot of coop lands owned by companies that alllow hunting. But the state DWR controls state forests and WMAs and prohibits target shooting except on ranges. Some of the WMAs have ranges. The national forests are closed to recreational shooting except at ranges. I think there may be a couple. The upside is there are lots of ranges and clubs. I'm a member of a club in the east and it's open every day. There's lots of hunt clubs too that have access to leased land, if that's your thing. And lots of private land you can lease by the day. And we have plenty of deer. In some northern Virginia counties, there is unlimited bag limits on anterless deer. You don't pay anything to hunt all the public lands aside from your hunting license fee, and a cheap nat'l forest or state forest permit that you buy with your license.

Last edited by 10Glocks; 09/23/22.