Originally Posted by Blackheart
To hear a certain jackass on the hunters campfire forum talk, you'd think Va. was the last great bastion of freedom in the whole Country. The wife and I have seriously been considering a move to another State but the more research we do the more we find they all seem to have some pretty fuucked up laws and situations we don't like. Freedom my fuuckin ass.

Virginia used to have very liberal gun laws. We always had open carry. We have shall-issue concealed carry. We used to have gun-law-preemption that prevented counties and cities from creating their own ordinances, but the last Dem governor and legislature destroyed that. They also passed a red flag law. Dems passed a law that all firearm transfers have to go through an FFL, unless it's a transfer to a close relative like a son or daughter.

I mean, there's lots of states that are worse. But Va does have it's issues. So whoever said Va is the last great bastion of freedom obviously doesn't live here, or they do but doesn't know anything about other states.

The biggest problem with hunting laws here is that each county sets its own regulations. Not seasons, but regulations. Like what weapon is allowed, whether or not you have to be in a treee stand, restricitons on where guns can be fired. Some counties east of the Blue Ridge just follow state law, but most set their own ordinance. Once you get west of the Blue Ridge line, most, if not all, of those counties just follow state law.

Last edited by 10Glocks; 09/23/22.