Swamprat,
regarding 06 vs 300 rum, 06 still wins as a one caliber rifle in AK.
The rum may be the end all be all caliber with a
308 "bullet" for a jackass. It isn't for everyone.

Requires magnum action.... heavier rifle
Muzzle blast.....horrible
Throat erosion...... shorter barrel life
Ammo cost....... EXPENSIVE
Ammo availability....... poor
Recoil...... about twice as a 06

Recoil that heavy is unmanageable for some people, all other issues aside, recoil affects accuracy.

I would not advise a new hunter to take game at 800 yards.... maybe you would...?

I assume, perhaps incorrectly the hunters objective is to put meat on the table, if so why tote a heavier rifle that shoots expensive ammo, wears out faster and kicks like a mule?

If your goal is to take animal's from the next borough, so be it, IMO it's not ethical hunting and I would not advise someone to fill their freezer in that way.

There are only a couple, mainly one game animal that could necessitate a long shot, everything else can typically be taken in less than 200 yards. This bs about the only shot on a moose was 800 yards is all in your mind. Do some hunting your own damn self.

You brag about your LR skill.... kudos, quit bragging, it's not becoming, it's degrading as [bleep]. Quit degrading other's you don't know.

Is the 06 the best one caliber for AK, doubtful, there are other good choices, but it would be a good choice and for damn sure it wouldn't be a rum.

For those without thumbs, it's s Garden fookin Island, not Hawaii