Originally Posted by Poot_Carr
Thank you for a well thought out question.
Environmental issues are another one. Republicans over the last 15-20 years have become much more opposed to anything regarding the threat climate change poses. I believe it is real and it is serious. The drought in the SW is nearing critical levels. Why the opposition to any attempts at green energy? It seems Republicans are more concerned with corporation profits at the expense of the environment.

Some people don't even want to have the discussion and say climate change isn't real which makes them sound stupid to anyone who knows anything at all because everyone knows the climate changes naturally and sometimes with the help of outside forces like the asteroid that wiped out the dinosaurs 66 million years ago. The debate is whether man has been an outside force that is causing climate change to occur faster than it would naturally. The answer is just don't worry about it. Its too late regardless of whether man played a role or not. Its gone too far and there is nothing we can do to slow it down even if we could so who cares if man is responsible or not. Scientists talk about ice caps and glaciers melting. You'll hear people say they don't see the big deal about the oceans rising an inch or whatever and don't really believe it because they can't see it out their window. What no one talks about is that 2 billion or more people on the planet get their water from glaciers. What happens when the water runs out? If you look at satellite photos of the continent of Africa 30 years ago vs today, you will see that the size of the deserts have grown exponentially. The deserts in the western United states are growing. There are 17 states that are considered vulnerable to desertification. I don't know if you are a farmer or are into gardening and planting trees but we divide the country into hardiness zones. You may already be aware of this. When planting, you plant based on your hardiness zone. It maybe different for farmers. I am not a farmer but I plant allot of fruit trees for deer and I only plant fruit trees that can live in my zone. Hardiness zones in the US go from 2 the coldest to 10 the hottest. The reason I mention this is that I live in hardiness zone 7. 25 years ago, it was zone 6 so its happening all over the US not just out west. What happens when billions of people get displaced on the planet? China gets water from glaciers. Do you think they will plea for our help or do you think they will be a bit more forceful? Man will destroy itself long before any natural catastrophe ever has a chance.

The good news is that it won't happen in our lifetime and maybe not our kids or even our grandkids so don't worry, be happy. I find life is better when you try to look on the bright side.

Last edited by BubbaG; 12/03/22.

2 Kings 2:23-24