Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Originally Posted by drop_point
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
You disgust for abortion comes from your high emphasis on purity/chastity. This is why we see such a high correlation between anti-abortion and anti-vaxers.

Where does my disgust for abortion come from? I view abortion as murder, yet have the view that most of the aborted are going to develop into the dredges of society that their mothers' associated with. Having read Levitt, there is a significant inverse correlation with the proliferation of violent and property crimes with access to abortion. Though those being aborted are from populations which I tend to despise as a whole, I still cannot morally support abortion. On the flip side, I am not "anti-vax" and am happy to take safe, effective vaccines with a track record of efficacy, yet I do not have support for any form of mandate from employers or governments. I did not take an mRNA vaccine (or any COVID vaccine for that matter) due to lack of efficacy and no track record. In fact, I almost lost my job over my unwillingness to take a new and untested injection which the pharmaceutical companies demonstrably manipulated data in their phase three clinical trial white papers.

Drop point thank you for engaging. Now to be clear, for the sake of this conversation I'm not judging you, nor those who disagree with you. My goal is to bring some perspective regarding how the liberal mind works, and for that matter, you own.

I also appreciate you confirming you're against both abortion and the Covid vaccine, which matched with my hypothesis. By extension, you're more likely to have negative feeling about interracial sex, specifically white women having sex with black men, homosexuality, stem cell research, and flag burning.

What do they all have in common? Disgust. At an intellectual level you believe you hold these beliefs due to a well reasoned position that you can clearly articulate. The realist is far different. You position was cemented in deep recesses of your primitive brain, through your disgust. You used your reason to convince yourself of the rationality of your decision. We actually have empirical evidence to prove this.

When you wire people up to an EEG to monitor their brain activity and present them with moral questions the decision making portion of the brain activates BEFORE the logic centers. In other words, most people believe they first engage their logic then make their decision, but the opposite is true. They make the decision then engage their logic to rationalize it. This is why one of the highest IQ guys on The Fire, Doc Eyeball, aka jaguartx became a devotes follower of Q (yes, there's a lot more to it than just that, but you get the point).

Now take everything I just said about Conservatives, change the positions 180 degree, and substitute the word compassion for disgust, and it's applies equally.

The defining personality trait of the right is high disgust sensitivity.
The defining trait of the left is high compassion.
What defines a libertarian is a lack of both. This is why libertarians are more logical then both conservatives or liberal. We last the personality traits most responsible for the distorted thinking of both sides.

Here's a video on disgust and how it impacts politics:

I would not accuse you of being judgmental by any means, as I've voluntarily taken part in the discussion. I think you're close, but not quite perfect on your analysis.

"Full time night woman? I never could find no tracks on a woman's heart. I packed me a squaw for ten year, Pilgrim. Cheyenne, she were, and the meanest bitch that ever balled for beads."