Originally Posted by BobMt
Originally Posted by CCCC
Originally Posted by Poot_Carr
Thank you for a well thought out question.

For as much as the Democrat party has drifted to the left I feel like the Republican party has drifted just as far to the right as well. For me personally it is social issues. Abortion being a major one. I just fine feel, and will never feel like the government has a right to inject itself into what a woman can do with her body. The 6 week abortion laws in some states is just a stepping stone to a full nationwide ban if Republicans gain control there's no doubt in my mind about that.
Environmental issues are another one. Republicans over the last 15-20 years have become much more opposed to anything regarding the threat climate change poses. I believe it is real and it is serious. The drought in the SW is nearing critical levels. Why the opposition to any attempts at green energy? It seems Republicans are more concerned with corporation profits at the expense of the environment.
I don't expect this to change your mind, and I doubt it will change your but dialogue is good
I appreciate the thoughtful quest and demeanor of TheBigSky in dealing with your post, but my reaction is based more on stark reality - not such gentle contemplative style. Engaging typical liberal/progressive avoidance, you thank TheBigSky for "a well thought out question" and then you refuse to answer it. He directly asked what it is that sends your type over the top. You ignore that and dish out mush based on "seems", "feels", etc, and your dissatisfaction because you can't get Republicans to give you what you want. So - no - such dialogue is NOT good - it is worthless with regard to solution or understanding. So, what is it that sends your type over the top.
he answered the question....you may not like how he worded it....but he answered it....bob
Really? It's not a matter of like or not like some wording - there is no explanation. I never try to read between the fuzzy lines with folks like that. Please cite exactly where he stated what "sends him over the top".

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron