Originally Posted by DesertMuleDeer
Originally Posted by Big Stick
Ronnie did it BEST and by miles. S/S through and through,(5) 8x40's on top,RPM on the money and throated exceptionally to boot. Hint...........

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

I don't know who Ronnie is and I've never seen the Wilson guns, but of what I've owned, the Barrett Fieldcrafts were the best of that series so far. Barrets had a few design updates that were improvements over the NULA and accuracy and quality that equaled or exceeded the earlier guns. Unfortunately, they've all been hindered by a really tough stock design. I've had ULAs, NULAs, Fieldcrafts and Colts and they all shot great, but with that stock, they all punched about 3-4 cartridges above their weight class. The dozen or so people that shot mine over the years all responded with !?@! that thing kicks hard immediately after the first shot, which tells me that I'm not the only one that feels that way.

From the pictures, the Wilson appears to have that same stock. I don't own a single one now and don't miss any of them.

One day I’d love to have someone explain the science of biomechanics and ergonomics in regards to stock fit and design/ felt recoil. My Colts in getting the NULA style treatment but my experience last fall with the factory stock (cheap plastic but very similar in shape from what I understand?) was the exact opposite. I couldn’t believe how pleasant the 7mm Rem mag recoil with the hard rubber pad was compared to my old 700bdl 7mm Rem mag with a Limbsaver was. Not that either are bad I just expected more from the Colt being a pound lighter. Not meaning to contradict your experience just a genuine curiosity.