I think this is funnier than hell! Potential and PROBABLE buyers are trying to tell a manufacturer how to create a winning product in a modern market and although some open to custom options, he wants to do what every one in the past has already done. They are literally begging him to take their money. And then he pushes his ethics and says you need to get closer.

Who do you think your market is? Mountain hunters, sheep hunters, backcountry backpack guys. Western type hunters. Im sure some deer tracker types that like a quick responsive rifle will buy them too. Even some stand hunters. But why would it matter if most game is shot less than 200 yards in the East. There are hundreds of options in old slow twist rifles that would work. And let’s face it, your rifles won’t be inexpensive. So why would guys drop that kind of money for something they already have or can get anywhere.

I don’t consider myself a LR hunter but I’ve been around enough LR to know there isn’t a downside to faster twist rates. Yes I know not everyone needs a high BC bullet. But how is it a downside on a modern mountain rifle? How exactly is terminal performance affected by a long for caliber bullet? How is it a bad thing if you need to take a longer shot?

I just think you’re missing an opportunity. There’s a reason for the crazy secondary market on Fieldcrafts and 223 Montana’s. And as far as getting closer I just crawled and stalked into 150 yards of extremely open country with my wife to shoot a big antelope buck. And she made a good one shot kill using a 223 ack with a high BC 75 amax, and the bullet didn’t bounce off at such close range.

"I used to be a tired hunting guide, now I'm just a re-tired hunting guide"

"No eternal reward will forgive us now, for wasting the dawn" JM

Jared