I haven’t read this whole thread, or have an opinion either way on the new FCs or whatever they’re called now.

What I just don’t understand though, is why companies don’t put out what, in my opinion(gathered from many different forums/ranges/friends,etc), would sell like crazy.

I mean, how fast would a .223 Montana, 7 or 8 twist, FLY off the shelves? Same with a 700 along the Mtn guide style…stainless, twisted right for todays bullets and dropped into a Ti or similar stock???

How many of you would buy a Mtn Guide or Montana in .22 Creed, twisted correctly?

(Edited to add to the above and not absurdly priced.)

When Barret did the FC, it seemed to check all boxes of what most of us consider a hunting rifle. All the pieces there, especially in the SAs. I was the odd one out that just couldn’t stand the stock design, but I know I’m in the minority.

I made a trip to Whittakers with cash in hand to buy 2, but hated the stock so wound up with 2 more Kimbers. Thinking back it seems they had a handful of demo models for under $1k….

But those FCs, what did they sell for at first? $1500 ish? Seems used ones are bringing close to twice that now. I can’t make sense of why their design wasn’t carried over, made available and sold like crazy.

Something must be going right over my head because I don’t get it at all.

Last edited by Holston; 10/25/23.