After my novel one more chapter, a marketing point. In doing product development I used to use a method called conjoint analysis. It's a pretty complicated but very powerful tool that helps you build a product designed to best appeal to your target market segment. Different attributes of products have different levels of utility for certain people.

Some just do the same old thing and play to the masses where everyone else plays. But there is huge money to be made on those often smaller segments whose needs aren't being met. If you identify that segment and use conjoint analysis to target it by developing products that meet their needs you can own that whole segment.

However, a lot of businesses don't want to do that. Not just in this industry but in every industry. But targeting these missed segments can lead to ground breaking trend setting things that the masses soon follow. Innovative companies can become giants as the rest of the world catches on. Think Apple and companies like them. Even tesla. Throw out the old rules and start a new trend that will dominate as it crosses into the mainstream.

I know that Gunwerks gets some harsh treatment around here but they are one of the companies in our industry that are trying to meet the needs of a smaller and often overlooked segment of hunters. They are innovating and breaking trail and getting a premium price for their high end products because they are listening and doing and asking the right people the right questions. They are leaders in long range hunting and the things they are doing continue to draw more and more interest from the mainstream.

Not everyone wants to be the leader or the innovator and I guess that's ok. There are opportunities being missed everyday by companies just busy doing what they've always done the same way everyone has always done it.

Like a 10 twist 243. That's the way its always been done so that's how we're going to keep doing it. Then an innovator comes along and says hey there are some great heavy high bc 243 bullets around these days that didn't used to be available. Why not make a rifle that can use them of it doesn't prevent you from using the old round noses too. Some people see the advantages a high bc offers and the mainstream won't care either way. Let's own the high bc crowd because we can do it without losing the masses.

Bb