Originally Posted by prairie_goat
Originally Posted by AKwolverine
Perhaps a better analogy here would be Bentley to Mercedes.

Yeah, that's a better analogy. My point being that it seems a bit strange to compare the production numbers of a full custom to an off the shelf model from a dealer.

It seems to me Mr Wilson took the same design and streamlined the production process with his knowledge in firearm machining and also modern machinery to make the process more modern and streamlined. This is why you see stocking dealers for NULAs today . I don’t believe any dealers stocked Melvin’s. It’s pretty convenient if a dealer has one sitting on the shelf vs waiting months for one. Also, Mr Wilson has said he will TWIST one to your specs ,but don’t expect anything less than retail price. Overall, Mr Wilson taking over NULA hunting rifles is a GOOD thing.

Personally, I’d prefer a ADL magazine setup over a BDL bottom metal setup , but that’s minor considering the weights of Wilson Combat NULAs in stock form. Thank you, Bill, for taking over this endeavor. I may be a buyer next year on a 18” 6.5 CM. That’s my maximum barrel length for threaded guns . Maybe you’ll cut one short for me.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]