Originally Posted by BWilson
Big Stick, maybe some firearms company CEOs or owners don't shoot, but I'm on the range almost every day testing Lehigh Defense and Wilson Combat products. In addition I hog hunt around 300 days a year and during deer season (Oct-Feb) I deer hunt almost every day. My typical day is a 2 hour hunt in the morning, on the range on/off during the day and start hunting about 2 hours before dark then on into the night with thermal for hogs. Living on a 8600 acre Texas ranch with access to surrounding properties provides me with a 14,000 acre playground. From 2020-2022 I averaged 539 hog kills per year.

My good friend Jason Vanderbrink (CEO of CCI, Federal, Remington and Speer) is also an avid shooter and hunts all over the world.

I do have to admit though, I'm not into this whole long range hunting thing. I will turn 70 in a few weeks and I've been hunting since I was 10 years old. I've shot exactly 3 animals (2 deer and a Eland) at a range over 300 yards. In my "opinion" if you can't get closer than 300 yards for the shot you should work on your stalking skills! I would be that the average distance game is taken in the eastern half of the country is well under 200 yards. So, terminal bullet performance is much more important for most hunters than a high BC.

So, at current pricing, about $11/Yd of effective range out to 300yds for a NULA?

I can walk on water.......................but I do stagger a bit on alcohol.