Originally Posted by BWilson
Yes, it's extremely easy to satisfy everyone when you run multiple firearms industry companies........I guess that's why we've been in business 45+ years

Well, you bought a rifle company from the guy who answered his own phone and was very fond of saying:

"I'll build you whatever you want".

You took that away. Then you took a fairly long time to introduce your twist on the NULA, making changes that don't and won't appeal to the current NULA crowd. Maybe you'll be able to carve out a new niche' of folks willing to spend $3K + on an ultralight rifle with few/no options.

You bought a rifle design that has been full-length bedded from the get-go with the designer extolling the virtues of same since day-1, especially as it pertains to repeatable POA/POI retention.

You took that away. Which might have been acceptable had you saved weight by doing so, but, you added a hinged-floor-plate that is unlikely to add new users to the platform and WILL cause current users to pay a premium for previous generation blind boxes.

While I was certainly never privy to Mr. Forbes sales figures, I'd be willing to bet he ordered more 1:7/1:8 twist .224 and .243 than he did 1:10/12/14 over the last 10yrs, and certainly over the last 4.

Yet you "me too'd" the twist-rates of old rather than noticing the trend that's been ramping up since hand-held LRF's became affordable and ubiquitous.

No one begrudges you the swap to your own barrels and CNC processes, especially if those are going to speed up delivery times. You should've probably stopped there, produced some rifles, and gotten some feedback. Or, produced a prototype w/bottom metal and a free-floated bbl for SHOT and gotten some feedback.

I can walk on water.......................but I do stagger a bit on alcohol.