Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
I believe that 1983 photo is a well-known photo of Hell’s Angels, as Bristoe stated ‘60’s or 70’s. A drug dealing, human trafficking, thieving, maiming and murdering bunch. Sold their souls to the Devil, proud of it. Gave “manhood” a bad name. Outlaw bikers are still around today.

Yeah,...probably fairly accurate. But I think it varies a lot between the individuals. Some of them seem to have a lot harder edge than others.

I've only been around Hell's Angels for snippets of time while attending the flat track half mile nationals in Louisville back during the late 70s, early 80s. There was always groups of them milling through the crowd at those races.

My impression of them is, a man can probably get along with them one on one if you just behave in a regular fashion. But they can be trouble when they're in a group and have an "audience". They were always in groups and obviously had a big audience at the flat track races.

I never had any interactions with them. But they gave some people a bit of trouble here and there.

I wasn't there when this happened. But I knew some people who were. Reportedly, the spectator with the bottle of whiskey was HA.

https://www.cyclenews.com/2017/03/article/archives-triumphs-tragedies-louisville-downs/

Everything was going great at Louisville through the 1960s and the ‘70s. But then came the tragic 1980 race. A spectator jumped a chest-high guardrail during a Heat race and walked onto the race track, reportedly waving a whiskey bottle. Six riders swerved to avoid him, but David Jones had no place to go. He hit the spectator sending both horrifically tumbling down the track. Jones, who was just 18, died that night. The spectator never left the hospital and passed away a month later.