Originally Posted by Kutenay

have never killed one myself

So the answer is none then?

In my five+ decades of bush experience,

You've certainly had an awful lot of jobs that one would think would have to be based out of a city of some description...Book Store clerk, shoe salesman, outdoor retail salesman, etc....To have spent the last 50 years in the bush as you purport.

As to being a ...serious...BC bushman, pal, I think that I certainly qualify in this respect.

See above.

It seems as though you can hand out the comments about not taking credit for one's family's accomplishments (Canada forum?) pretty damm well, BUT, you constantly base your opinions on Grizzlies, calibers, etc., on what your DAD did and I thought that may be it might be time to point this out.

Might be time to point out that there is a far cry from being beside someone or around someone who actually accomplished things, as opposed to having tales of accomplishments from anywhere from many decades to HUNDREDS of years ago...

so don't think I'm attacking him, or, even you

Isn't that exactly what you are doing?

Originally Posted by Someone
Why pack all that messy meat out of the bush when we can just go to the grocery store where meat is made? Hell,if they sold antlers I would save so much money I could afford to go Dolphin fishing. Maybe even a baby seal safari.