Originally Posted by kutenay
One problem about some guy's opinions, actually two problems is when they always use other's experience to bolster their own posts.

The second problem is that such posters seem to always develop an opinion, post it and then attempt to support it in every way possible, rather than posting an opinion based on whatever level of field experience THEY may/may not have.

That is a pretty interesting statement.

Originally Posted by Kutenay

I have often USED a .30-06 for protection while working solo in Grizzly country, but,........I PREFER a larger bullet and my choices start at the .338WM.

But that statement isn't really correct. You haven't actually USED a .30-06 for protection while working. You've CARRIED a .30-06 for protection while working. There is a pretty big distinction there. You've never actually killed a grizzly bear by your own admission. So all that you really have is the OPINION that your caliber choice is superior to the '06 in bear stopping capabilities...Not the experience. (Not that I'm trying to say that the 338 is equalled by the 30.06.....)

Originally Posted by Someone
Why pack all that messy meat out of the bush when we can just go to the grocery store where meat is made? Hell,if they sold antlers I would save so much money I could afford to go Dolphin fishing. Maybe even a baby seal safari.