Don't have enough teeth left for chewing and can't swallow solid food anyway, so I'll have to let you guys enjoy those steaks for me.

I used to do roasts in a pressure cooker, where it's absolutely necessary to sear-in the juices first. Then the high pressure forces even heat through the meat for whatever desired level of even "doneness" throughout, without drying it out or over-cooking the surfaces.

One night, I couldn't sear the roast � bone high-centered it and wouldn't let the meat touch the iron. So I browned that sucker with a Bernz-O-Matic torch, even around the edges. Completely sealed it. I was amazed to see how long it took for a hot flame, applied directly to the meat, to "paint" it as brown as I wanted it.

That was one juicy, tasty, tender roast! I did a bunch of 'em that way afterward, and they were all good.

The hot oven would, like the pressure cooker, heat a steak evenly from surface to center. Just don't slight the searing if you appreciate juiciness.

A novel variation with steaks is to
(a) slit 'em deep, with about an inch between slits running one way on one side (let's say "east to west"),
(b) turn 'em over and slit 'em the same way but "north to south,"
(c) drape 'em over a rolling-pin to spread the slits open,
and
(d) brown 'em with the torch, "painting" the brown deep into the slits.
Then
(e} pop 'em in the oven to cook 'em through.

This procedure takes a while, of course, but don't knock it if you ain't tried it!

"Good enough" isn't.

Always take your responsibilities seriously but never yourself.