Best steak in a restaurant I ever had was a huge "railhead cut" I had in KC when I was just out of basic training -- but the army had shunk up my stomach and some was left over.

Next best was at a place outside of Allentown PA whose name I can'r recall right now. It was done with an outrageous marinade made largely of garlic and spices on a wood grill, then rest-cooked at the end in a lower heated roaster and served in a geenrous amount of the garlic marinade. The massed garlic got to an explosive stage and then mellowed back somewhat but you did not want to go there for a salad and ride home with three steak eaters. The steaks were huge and none was left on any plate in the place... Never had the guts to try that at home with a good piece of meat.

My favorite home made steak is one cut two-three inches thick and marinaded for 2-3 hours in a plastic bag with soy sauce and garlic and then grilled quickly over high heat to sear both sides and then into a hot oven --400 degrees -- for about five-ten minutes depending on the mass of meat. Red in the middle but no blood is the goal here.

1B