Originally Posted by Higbean
VAnimrod. Not pointing fingers at anyone imparticular. Just an observation about Huskemaw haters. Have you used a Huskemaw? My friends' works as advertised and has got him shooting a whole lot more than he used to. It has made him a better more confident shooter.

Understood, and I can see how that is possible, and good for your friend. I just find them (and yes, as stated, I've looked through them and compared them on ranges against other scopes) to be inferior optically and mechanically to anything else in the price range and a lot of stuff out there for a lot less.

Originally Posted by Higbean
Now for me, I just ordered a Leupold CDS and will work up loads over the chrony, use the iPhone with Ballistic and do my own homework. It's what I enjoy doing. But some guys don't care to spend the time doing the homework and just want to spend time pulling the trigger. Thats cool with me. The Huskemaw guys found a niche in the market and have capitalized on it.

I remember years ago, my Uncle John was super pissed at Windows for home computers. Seems he spent years programing with DOS and then Windows comes out and everybody is an expert computer geek overnight. Can't help but wonder if this is the same thing going on here.

Where we disagree is not so much that they've found a niche, is that they've found a marketing gimmick and are selling an inferior product at greatly inflated prices based upon marketing, only. Basically, I just think that they folks that buy those scopes because they watch some show without comparing the glass to the other, far better, stuff out there are getting ripped off.