Originally Posted by JGRaider
Originally Posted by cowboy24

I was confident enough with this scope that I used it exclusively this past hunting season and took 3 antelope, 2 deer, 1 elk, as well as a Big Horn ram that took 29 years to draw a tag.

How far were these shots? Be honest now....... smile

One doe antelope at 705 yd., sheep at 375 yds. across a draw, deer at 325 - everything else I never moved the turret off the 200 yd zero. By the way the elk was at max --maybe 50 yds. Only reason on the antelope was the conditions were perfect, I was prone on a bipod with rear rest - and quite frankly - with all the practicing I had done I just wanted to see if I could do it. I do not consider myself a long range hunter - but I am capable if I have to be. I'll crawl on my belly for an hour if I think I can get closer on anything.
I have used the hold over methods, various distance reticles such as the B&C on Leo and BR reticle on Swaro as well as turrets with a pocket PC. What interested me in the Huskemaw is their simplicity and because of the conditions I hunt in here in Montana (2 day pack trip into elk camp on horseback) and god only knows what temp and amount of snow which varies from year to year. We had 3 ft. of fresh snow 2 years ago in camp and the temp never broke above 0 F. After two days I might as well have used my pocket PC for whatever because it was dead (I did have my cheat sheets as backup). After many years of trying to get more electronic and fancy stuff I'm now trying to find ways to get rid of it. If it's electric/digital - it'll malfunction sometime. I really like things that are simple - maybe that's because my engineering degree says Murphy is always just around the corner.