My buddy has a Huskemaw scope and he is a very discriminating shooter. It sits on a several thousand dollar long range rifle. Huskemaw has a very easy and simple long range setup. Pick your poison, have the turrets made and be done with it. It is set up in YARDS so it doesn't require much more than reading the rangefinder and dialing the turret marked in yards. For the AVERAGE guy, this is a lot better and easier than using a computer or a chart etc. As far as clarity, it is easilly as good if not better than any of my VX3s including my long range version. Is it as good as a VX7- I have no idea, I don't have one nor know anyone who does. Leupold has a lot of overpriced stuff these days.

My buddy has his on a 300 RUM and has shot several 1000 yd groups under 10" with it The rifle weighs 8# or so ( has a carbon wrapped barrel- ABS) He says tracking is perfect. He settled on a load with 210 JLKs and never looked back. Took it to Mexico twice and all over southwest.

I don't think it is a "gimmick" but rather a niche item. Darrel Holland's scopes are more expensive and just have his weird reticle in them. Anything could be a gimmick.

All this said, they are not for me- I am a guy that is always changing and trying new stuff. If I were very wealthy and could buy multiple long range rifles and just put dedicated scopes on them, I might consider the Huskemaw. Right now I am using Mark IVs, VX3 LR and Burris Signatures and they are working out just fine. I have resisted these others because they are also quite heavy.

Don't be afraid of the Huskemaw, they are good scopes, just maybe not for everyone.

NRA Benefactor Member

Those who live by the sword get shot by those who don't.