Originally Posted by Magnumdood
That turret is still only accurate for one load, under similiar atmospheric conditions. You noted that the weather can vary widely where you hunt. You probably wouldn't notice it until you got out to longer ranges, but I bet you would notice it. A load is not going to shoot to the same POI if you go from 70 degrees to -10 degrees.

All you have to do is put the original 1/3 MOA turret back on and use your PC or range cards. Just because you have a turret built for one, two or however many elev., Pressures, temp. etc. doesn't mean you cannot fall back on the original turret that can be used with any load under any conditions and you determine what to dial in by using an outside source. I have tested my higher elevevation turret from 0 degrees to 30 degrees and 6500' to 8000' (Never gets any warmer up there) and I'm good to 800 yds. I would agree with you 100% on going any longer without using a PC and incorporate all atmospheric conditions. One season experience and only a hand full of kills does not fall into my class as being proven but so far it is very encouraging.