Originally Posted by dennisinaz
He doesn't install any of them, it is my understanding from talking to Leupold and others, that they do it themselves. Leupold told me that if I want to design a reticle, they will manufacture it and install it for me too (for about $10,000 initial fee).

A few years ago I wanted a reticle that let me shoot out to 1000 yds. After serious discussions with a couple of engineers at both Leupold and Swarovski, I felt that it was the consensus feeling in the industry that much over 500-600 yds required too much input to rely on the coarse adjustments available simply by a reticle. I have never seen a 1000 yd competition shooter (that is competitive) yet that didn't have turrets and use them!

Maybe I am just too old fashioned but I would have to "see" to believe.

NO NO NO... you are wrong... what you are missing is a turret that has 20 moa in one rev and 1/3 moa clicks.... THEN you would be a good shooter... grins... Never seen that turrets and clicking has failed me so far in this life such that I'd need some other system. Much the same having turrets marked in yards instead of another measurement. But alas I'm not the best shot..

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....