One more of the country I hunt and call home.
[Linked Image]
Wonder why they call them slides???
[Linked Image]

So Ed is clearly "qualified" and has a lot more time in the field using and abusing schit than many I know, and his Warrant Officer background can make for some For Real Logic at times. So Ed called me on the phone and asked me one day "Dude, if you were going to buy JUST ONE rifle to hunt everything in the state of Montana from Lopers to Black Bears and Elk (and we trip over an occasional Grizzly Bear that goes 9' or better) what would you get?" Its not uncommon to see this around camp.
[Linked Image]

So I told him I'd take a serious look at a Kimber Montana, and said I was planning on holding out for one of the new LAs in 30-06. True to Ed style, he calls me the next day... "Bro, I just bought a used Montana in 338 WM with a brake on it for 8 bills shipped..." I was hoping that the brake told the story. Like it was a bit chippy without one, and too loud for its previous owner with one. I was really hoping that it wasn't a basketcase....

Turns out that 8400 338WMs are a big ass gun. Here's the two in the rack at the range today. Two "Working Girls" in the land of Sluts wink
[Linked Image]
Eds rifle is clearly junk... 3rd powder we tried under 225 NABs was IMR4831 @ 71 grains even for 2844 AVG with spreads in the teens (using WW brass sized to headspace on the shoulder and FED215Ms)
[Linked Image]
Today at the range it was 25 degrees with a sustained wind speed of 20 MPH most of the day. We had gusts that were snapping off lodgepole. Witches tits are warmer frown We had on all the clothes I had in my truck, and I'm a professional millbilly. I've had to shovel off debarker decks in 50 below to get schit working. I live in my truck, I swear. The joke today is that we were doing paperwork at the air conditioned office... The bench became "The Desk Job" and the truck (which was running with the heater on full blast) was "The Break Room"
[Linked Image]
[img]http://pic20.picturetrail.com/VOL152/10882229/20647066/395250818.jpg[/img]

Clearly they need to get their schit together over there at Kimber... Ed's looking forward to beating the schit out of his Kimber as much as I HAVE enjoved beating the schit out of mine laugh

I'm Irish...

Of course I know how to patch drywall