Originally Posted by Big Stick
Originally Posted by Jeff_O
As fate would have it, I'm about to test Kimber's Customer Service.

My barreled action is off getting retubed, and following the rule that "idle hands do the Devil's work", I was thinking I'd paint the stock of my Montana while I wait.

SO last night I'm watching Restrepo (awesome) and masking off the parts I don't want painted with blue tape. The trigger guard is held on with a single Torx screw that holds it loosely (on mine) to the stock, just holding it in place on the stock it appears until the action screw is put in.
Long story short, when I went to run the screw back into the trigger guard assy for safekeeping, I discovered that the factory had crossthreaded it. So, it's screwed as far as putting it back together again.

There's a couple obvious redneck fixes but first I'm going to give Kimber the chance to just replace the part THEY screwed up. Any bets on whether they blame me or just send out the part? smile

Calling them right now...

Crossed threads and blue tape.

EPIC!.................

Yeppers. The humor is not lost on me. But the blue masking tape is the good stuff.

Crossed thread from the Kimber factory, also yeppers. This part has not been off the rifle since I recieved it NIB as a special order.

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!