Perhaps you missed the bold red print on the bottom of all my posts?

In any case you wrote this as well
"But your suggestion allows millions to hunt with their beloved 30-30's, or 44 mags, or 444's, or 38-55's etc, etc."

Did you notice why I think 30 caliber is a logical minimum and should be more strongly considered by people hunting big game? It's a diameter issue! If you look at the calibers your questioning me about, all exceed that .308 diameter!

Actually I did miss that part, because I always quit reading when I get to the part that looks like advertizing.

Did I really read this posting correctly? Do you actually feel that a 44 mag will anchor any big game animal faster than a high velocity bullet from a sub thirty cal? A 30-30 is a more viable elk cartridge than a 270? How about a 30 carbine, deadlier than a 7mmSTW?

The selection of a big game cartridge requires the use of a bit of common sense. One needs to take into account his personal level of marksmanship, as well as recoil tolerance. One should also consider the weight of the target animal and it's tenacity of life. While I would certainly not reccomend a novice to pursue Elk or moose with a 223 or a 25-20, nor could I in good consience send him out with a Win 94 or Marlin chambered for any pistol cartridge.

The choice of bullet and energy delivered on target are far more critical to stopping any large game in the world than is simply the size of the hole in the barrel. Both of which are of secondary importance compared to proper bullet placement of course.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.