Gotta agree with Hack on this one from personal experience this hunting season. I nailed a Muley buck twice with my just built .257 Roberts (I love that Bob, btw) and watched the bunch of them disappear over the saddle. I knew the buck was dead just by the way he did the classic hunch-over when hit in the boiler room. As I trailed them over the saddle I'll be darned if I couldn't find a single drop of blood anywhere. 15 minutes into tracking I still haven't seen a drop anywhere and I'm beginning to think "No way did I miss that buck!" I finally went back to where I first shot him and tracked not for blood, but carefully for where one deer peeled off from the rest. 10-15 minutes later I found him. Turns out I put 2 shots through both heart and lungs not 3 inches apart and then exited, but he bled out "inside". Weird. I actually enjoyed the tracking effort, but I was getting more than a little nervous about what I'd actually done vs. what I thought I'd done.

Gotta tell ya, my "'ol reliable" .30-06/180 Partition combo would have left me blood to see - always has. Like I said, I love that Bob, so while the 100 grain Speer load is super accurate in my Bob, I'm busy right now working up a 120 grain Partition load.

YMMV,
pud

It's you and the bullet, and all the rest is secondary.