I've got enough roller odds and ends put by to build one, up to and including a completely ridiculous set of very old Navy Arms Italllllian stocks,....replete with a bizarre brass butt plate.

Noodling around with something larger than 50, ....a BPCR pressure Hubel #,....based on 20 or 16 ga.brass, and tossing BIG balls and punkins.Just may have landed on the quintessential American single shot hunting arm here,....fewest parts, and beyond any shadow of doubt, the QUIETEST.

Spent too many YEARS immersed in this "Buffalo Gun" and Creedmoor rifle game, I think,....and the appeal of a short, balanced, and fast swinging HUNTING rifle had apparently gone into dormancy.

I think from here on out I'll be confining this shops attentions and ministrations to guns weighing OVER 20 pounds, or UNDER 10.

This particular setup we've been writing / illustrating on was intended to be a sorta' "show and tell" outside of that commercial Larry Potterfield league guff....we wound up with Bud Light metal married to Finest 100 year old Cognac wood,....and all involved are a bit confused now, this scribe, in particular. A "where do we go from here?" situation.

Roller's just don't have any "curbside appeal".

Looks like it's course is about run, and with any kinda' luck, I'll shoot some "low and slow" hand rolled into paper, this coming Wed.

Fun project, all the way through.

GTC

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain