Planning is something we do between bouts of reality.
Rose colored specs in place I had intended to be a bit further along with this project, but December and January's muses had different plans.
That's a different story.
I did get back onto the bench, and spent a rewarding and enjoyable day or two "Slicking Up" this action.I usually shoot whatever's coming together in the white, and it was time to look at doing so with this one.
Yesterday evening saw the rifle buckled up as pictured. I bore sighted it on a favorite power pole / transformer combo. I dug out some old 440 Grain "Chicken Loads" (originally intended for offhand out of a 12 Lb Sharps). Good match ammo, albeit a bit green and mossy in cosmetic aspect, weighed bullets, Swiss Powder, etc, etc..
Had a pretty nice day afternoon at the Sierra Vista Range, with typical right to left Zephyrs to keep one honest.
The target was NOT placed at 200 yards, ... Given the sight set up, I opted for a more realistic FIFTY ( 50) yards.
The mossy old ammo was wiped down , and than had the exposed grease grooves refreshed with a swipe of TC 1000. The Getz barrel was wiped between shots with 90% Iso Alky and Murph's oil soap. No adjustments for wind or elevation were made during the 8 round string,....the 2 low shots are #s 4 and 6, and I figure that I pulled em' (flinched em') down there.
This 9 Lb 11 Oz. rifle will definitely let you know that you are handling some horsepower, when shot off the bench, and by shot #8, I figured that it's going to be a great shooter, and that the next time I wring it out it will be with milder loads, and the sharp edges on that butt stock softened just a bit. eek

My fears about the shallow grooves were apparently misplaced. This is going to be a NICE hunting rifle.

GTC

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain