In and out of the mill,... massaged into rough form, than spotted into the recess with some judicious hand filing. The recess sees just a bit of adjustment,but with the beefy new "hook" getting the lion's share of fitment.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Wouldn't you know it, right there in the face of the thing there's a little porosity / asperity. No biggie, another "dab" of the nickle rod will be required (once this weather breaks).

A cut away cartridge case is used to lay out the outer rim recess radius

[Linked Image]

That radius is than cut to JUST barely below the level of the rim recess in the barrel shank / chamber.

[Linked Image]

Yup, a little bit of weld repair, and final polishing and this extractor's back in business.

[Linked Image]

At this point an old badly oversized case was hammered into the chamber, and the actuating tail of the extractor belabored with a copper punch, driven by a fairly good sized hammer. Looks good, and it will never see that amount of force again in normal service.

[img]http://i180.photobucket.com/albums/x59/sharpsrifle/DSC_0060_zps15a18d39.jpg[/img]

time to go see why my well pressure switch froze last night,....looks like the brooder lamp bulb may need a replacement.

Cheers !

GTC

Last edited by crossfireoops; 01/03/15.

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain