A rather final evolution,...Packing one up RIGHT

The bottom of this box was made up of clear kiln dried pine
planks, 1 X 8 and 1 X 6,...the rest, odds and ends of good material, with LOTS of wood glue and Torx head screws. You could block up a truck with it.

[Linked Image]

"Pool Noodles" are on sale every Fall, Early Winter here, at giveaway prices... as well as being the BEST pipe insulation going, ...you'll never work with a better material For packing a long arm,...Bubble wrap has it's place, too,...that stuff is damned sure getting SPENDY, though. There are longitudinal and transverse wooden cleats, and some well padded tying wires holding the whole shebang in skew

[Linked Image]

Some ossified, splintery old Fir 1/2" ply suffices for a lid, again LOTS of screws.

[Linked Image]

You CANNOT ship a wooden box, bare, anymore. The shippers and freight outfits want cardboard or heavy paper covering em'. Get your box / crate sizing calc'd right, and that part becomes fairly EASY....bang, zoom, done.

[Linked Image]

Another "Adios'" in play here,...wishin' I'd gotten in more time behind this one,....the weather simply hasn't cooperated.Things work out right, I'll be seeing it again, though.If it turns up at one of your gatherings, grab ahold of it, swing it around a bit, bum a round or two of good BP ammo from one of the main perpetrators and ENJOY !

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain