[Linked Image]
Mack5511 and OIDabble rolled in Saturday, and after a Sunday breakfast at the local cafe we did a little visiting /hanging out.Put a mechanical wind zero on the roller. Yesterday was a get 'er done clinic,....annealing, case forming, loading,...etc. Mackk5511 will mebbe have some pics of alla' that. On the way back to their digs they piced up a smaller bead, which we fitted this AM
[Linked Image]
Suitably coffeed up, we hit out for the S.V. Range,....and spent one of the more enjoyable days I'll remember,....The rifle's just a real pussycat and refuses to foul or misbehave. The "tight bore" aspect of the Getz barrel did raise some minor PITAS,...simple ones related to forming dies and cleaning jags on hand being spooled up for the standard .450-4585" dimensions,....
[Linked Image]
We got right after shooting at longer ranges, and found that 500 yards was a bit beyond the elevation available with the Receiver sight fitted,....so we pulled in closer to 300Yards and went to work on a
12 X 12 plate. Garnered great response to corrections, on a rare calm day, tossing 550 gr Leeth Gordon bullets in sensible mid 1100s velocity range.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
We moved in to 50 yards,.....and I shot some of those brutal full house loads that I didi the initial shoot with,....
Minor tweaks to the final mechanical wind zero ensued
[Linked Image]
Fussy job,....but worth the time,....Tomorrow AM I'll hit the sight with some Green Loctite, and make a witness mark,....

A compendium of OLD match ammunition lefovers were obviously making for some vertical stringing, ....but the target called out not to worse horizontal,...I would have RATHERED a post, the glare off the bead in late afternoon desert Sun made for a sketchy, one sided sight picture.It WILL be cat's anus in low light and dense cover....

Mack5511 is going to be a holy TERROR with this rifle,...we moved back on out onto that 300 yard plate, and I walked him in,....making 2 or three corrections,...and after that he put 4-5 into a very tight KNOT,...threw a couple off,....but called his misses well.I was at that point feeding the rifle with HOT ram loads, and he just soaks that recoil up like a post. Rugby player, dontca' know.

Tired here after a LONG day,....THANKS for a fine feed at Ricardo's fellas'

More soon.

GTC

Last edited by crossfireoops; 12/08/15.

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain