I say if a guy has the skill and right tools, go for it. Everyone has different tastes and opinions. Some guys love archery,some handguns, some black powder, what ever floats your boat.

Heck I remember a time when 300-400 yards was a long shot. Now with modern scopes and range finders it is cake for most guys. That and guys shoot a lot more these days then say back in the 60s,70s and 80s. How many of us can remember our dads and his friends having a box of ammo that was several years old. Those boxes are considered collectors items now. That and the fact they grew up coming out of the depression era and ww 2. They always said ammo and guns were hard to get in those days, so they didn't waste anything.

But what pizzes me off the most is how tv shows have turned hunting into an enterprise. A billion dollar business. For Petes sake, to go try to shoot hogs today is going to cost me 250 bucks apiece for me and the kid. Then add gas, food and want ever else. And, we might not even see anything.

However I look at it as time spent with the boy, as he is 15 now and will be doing his thing shortly. It will be nice to make memories while we can.