Originally Posted by Ringman
CRS,

You lost the logical argument with Smokepole so you're leaving? blush

We were argueing?
I made a statement of opinion that he does not like. He feels the need to try and change my opinion. I choose not to respond to him, simply because I am not going to change his opinion, and he certainly will not change mine. It is simple to admit that we disagree.

It is also simple to admit that you and I do not share the same opinion. I am ok with that too.

I will state it again, it takes zero hunting skill to get within long range distance of an animal.

I am nor ranting against, saying it should not be done, nor trying to outlaw it.

But it is a very narrow minded view to not consider the social, biological, and policy/legal ramifications that some practices in the field impact.

As humans, we have proven that we can decimate game populations. Laws were put in place and restrictions imposed to protect, and raise money for game population recovery.

Having sat in on numerous commission meetings, and having conversations with policy makers, I do not go into these types of conversations lightly.

I have personally seem the negative impact and reduced bowhunting opportunity in my state due to increased technology being used in archery seasons. Certainly off subject, but cannot we not learn from those experiences?

But I digress, I made a statement of opinion that I do not feel long range hunting is an appropriate term. I backed up my statement with actual personal experience with both long range shooting and extremely close range hunting experience.

Once again, how much hunting skill does it take to get within 1000 yards? I say zero.

My opinion, nothing more, nothing less. If people disagree, that is their right, free speech and all.

Arcus Venator