Originally Posted by CRS
Smokepole, I did not say it was easy....

I thought you were choosing not to respond to me? No, you didn't say that, you said this:

Originally Posted by CRS
Closing the deal is significantly more difficult the closer you are.

And if as you say closing the deal is more difficult the closer you are, then it must be true that closing the deal is easier the further away you are, correct? And if that's true, then the longest shots we've talked about (1,000 yards) must be the easiest of all, correct?

This is just another example of a blanket statement you've made that doesn't stand up to a simple test of logic. I'd say your statement holds true from somewhere around the 100-yard mark, but falls apart at longer ranges, i.e., a 300 yard shot is more difficult than a 200 yard shot, and a 700-yard shot is more difficult than either.

But go ahead, say we're not arguing, you choose not to respond to me, and it's just a difference of opinion.

Originally Posted by CRS
What about the show where the shooter backed up to make the shot more difficult?

Are those examples hunting? Yes, No, Maybe?

The short answer is, yes it's hunting. But I didn't see that show, I don't watch them. Let me see if I've got the question right. The hunter had gotten "within real hunting range" (whatever that is) but then backed up to take a longer shot, is that right?

Did he make a one-shot clean kill? I'm betting the answer is yes. Did he violate your personal code of "what constitutes a hunt" by not stalking in as closely as possible? Obviously.

Do you know why he was hunting, and what he wanted to get out of the hunt?

Is it possible that this hunter has the skills to sneak in close, has done it many times, and no longer finds a challenge in that? You don't know, and neither do I.

Is it possible that his particular hunter finds more challenge in making longer shots, and that's why he hunts and what he wants out of the hunt? Certainly.

Is it possible that this hunter couldn't give a rat's ass why you hunt and what you want to get out of a hunt?

I'm betting the answer is yes.

A wise man is frequently humbled.