Originally Posted by CRS
Smokepole,

I did not say it was easy, The challenge lies in the 1000 yard shot, not the "hunt" as you like to call it.

I have nothing more to add to this conversation.

words and names...

bottom line it took me a LOT more time to learn to shoot 1000 yards than it did to get within bow range of animals...

You can call either what you want if it makes you feel good, but since I've done both, the close, couple at 3 steps, and couple beyond 800, I feel I"m qualified to state that long range shots take lots more skill than it does to get closer.

The rest, bothers me none, you choose your use and as long as its legal its ethically good with me. I enjoy em all. And I use my skills as needed along the way...

My last deer this year was not a hunt or a shot really.. in a hurry, needed another doe, found one when I walked about 50 yards from the trailer, tossed the 308 up and took the top of her head off around 80 steps or so. Worked just fine too. Call that whatever you want.

This fighting amongst us is exactly whats going to cause the loss of our guns eventually.. one at a time... Neimoeller comes to mind so often lately....

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....