Originally Posted by OutlawPatriot
My biggest beef with Trump, even more than the fact that I don't like him as a candidate and a man, is the fact that he has created an environment where all the republicans are destroying each other. Yeah, I know, attacks happen in every election, but he has proven that there is no floor on how low the process can sink. With the amount of material that they could be focusing on by going after Hillary and Sanders, their wasting their time and money destroying the republican party. We should be evaluating how well they talk about what's wrong with the democrat candidates as a preview to a general election. Instead, this entire process is all about Trump. If he wins, he have a horrible candidate at best that doesn't share our values imo. If he loses, he has made sure that the rest of the republican field is a bloody mess.

You are 100% missing the appeal of Trump. He is not in this to show how idiotic the Democrats are. That, in a nutshell, is what's wrong with politics, someone mentioned it earlier, if Congress would have controlled Obama....

THAT IS THE ISSUE politicians don't control politicians, they all look for the following:
1) How can I get re-elected
2) How can I make my party ideas look good and the other party ides look bad

THEY ARE THE SAME PARTY

Trump isn't about showing how bad Clinton/Sanders would be, he's about fixing the country, period. You can agree or disagree, but he's about shining a light on the idiocy our political system has become, republican or democrat.