Originally Posted by Brad
Originally Posted by scenarshooter
Originally Posted by BobinNH
Yeah who the hell hunts with an 8.5 pound 270?

That's a lightweight in my stable....

Pat, while I view a lightweight as under 7lbs scoped, with sling and rounds, there are a lot of guys here that think a lightweight is as easy to shoot LR as a mid or heavyweight rifle.

I just scratch my head over the group-think on this forum...

Agreed. The weight of a hunting rifle has never been a concern of mine, whether I'm hunting at high altitudes in the mountains or in the swamps down home. I've never weighed a rifle yet, but I doubt that I have one over 9 pounds, I'm sure a few of my iron sighted lever guns are under 7...who cares. Yeah, it matters, I guess, to the guy who goes off into the mountains for a week or ten days on foot, carrying everything he needs on his back...you know, the way most of us hunt on an annual basis, right? I would much rather have a rifle with enough mass that it's easy for me to shoot pretty well than some super lightweight that is really finicky about how and where I hold it and how careful I am with trigger pull... group-think here???? Hell, we're all rugged individualists, that's why we think alike so much.

Mathew 22: 37-39